These exercises are part of my “exercises for chronic back pain sufferers” group of blog post and this one is a strength/endurance exercise.
Abdominals And Pelvic Tuck
- Lie on your back with both knees bent up, feet flat on the floor.
- Reach with your hands to touch the fronts of your thighs.
- Keep your chin pointing towards your knees, do not pull it into your chest.
- Life your shoulders and head up slightly until you feel your stomach muscles tighten.
- Reach with your hands to touch your knees. Do not come up any higher.
- Relax back down, coming back up before reaching a point of rest.
- Repeat 10-50 times (if you feel light-headed, stop and rest).
Some people find the pelvic tuck very hard to do – take advice from your osteopath or other professional. Some people find it very easy to do – do more of them.