Complaints Procedure

We hope you never have to

In the event of you being dissatisfied with the level of care provided by your clinician, you should:

1. Discuss this with him/her directly.

Your named clinician is responsible for your care and will always strive to provide “best-practice” care. He or she will take time in discussing your concerns with you and present options clearly and allow as much time as you need to take to decide how you would like to proceed.

2. Contact the Institute of Osteopathy, the General Osteopathic Council, or the General Council for Massage Therapy.

In the most unlikely event that there is a continuing problem, Active X Backs will provide you with contact details for the appropriate body – The Institute of Osteopathy, which will aim to mediate between the Osteopath and you, or the General Osteopathic Council, which is the profession’s regulator. In the case of massage, the regulator is the General Council for Massage Therapy.